OFID Scholarship Awards 2016/2017 for Outstanding Students from Developing Countries
Deadline: 1 May 2016
The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) is accepting applications for the OFID Scholarship Award 2016/2017, with an aim to help highly motivated, highly driven individuals overcome one of the biggest challenges to their careers – the cost of graduate studies.
Focus Areas include; Energy, Transportation, Financial, Agriculture, Water & Sanitation, Industry, Health, Telecommunications and Education
The winners of the OFID Scholarship Award will receive a scholarship of up to US $50,000.
1. Applicants must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
2. Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
3. Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
4. Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2015, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree.
5. Must be a national of a developing country (except OFID Member Countries
6. Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
Note: OFID will not consider applications received through a third party. All materials submitted become the property of OFID and will not be returned to the applicant.
For more information, Please visit OFID Scholarship Awards.