Deadline: 31st March 2016
African Wildlife Foundation presents the Conservation Leadership and Management Programs is 24-month, on-the-job training program for highly qualified master’s degree graduates who are interested in the field of conservation and wildlife.
- PA Management candidate is a master’s degree graduate (within the last five years of the CLMP start date) with studies focused on conservation science, MBA. enterprise development, marketing, China–Africa relations, wildlife law enforcement, project management, conservation program design communications, and other related fields.
- Candidate must have at least two full years of experience working on African conservation issues with a serious and proven dedication to Africa and AWF’s mission.
- Candidate will have superb written and oral skills. Fluency in English is required; fluency in French or Chinese is a great advantage. Familiarity with other languages relevant to work in Africa (e.g., IsiZulu, Kiswahili, Maa, Fon, etc.) is also a major plus.
- Candidate must be willing to relocate to Nairobi, Kenya, and proceed to at least one long-term assignment at an AWF project site during the program, sometimes in harsh physical conditions.
- Candidate must be a team player with high energy, a willingness to learn, and a drive to succeed, and must be able to work with ease within challenging and culturally diverse environments.
- One round-trip economy class air ticket between participant’s home city and Nairobi
- Housing or allowance (for long term stay) in Nairobi for use while stationed at AWF’s HQ;
- Housing (appropriate to station location) while stationed in an AWF landscape or country office
- Laptop computer for use while participating in CLMP (to remain the property of AWF);
- A stipend
- Individual medical coverage and statutory insurances
For more information and application, download this brochure CLMP Brochure