Budding Entrepreneurs Programme 2016- Nigeria
Deadline: March 20, 2016
The YBLN Budding Entrepreneurs Programme is a carefully designed 6-week residential entrepreneurship that trains young people in specific business skills, young individuals with viable business ideas or existing businesses from diverse socio-economic backgrounds will be selected. This programme is aimed at creating a platform to empower young business minded adults to start their own businesses or further develop or expand an existing business. With the development and success of these businesses, the hope is to have a domino effect of helping other unemployed youths by each business employing at least a minimum of five (5) before December 2017. The YBLN Budding Entrepreneurs Program would take place over a 6-week period commencing from 3rd September – 16 October 2016. The program will feature academic and personal development content. Subsequently, continuous capacity building, free business advisory support, mentorship and networking opportunities would be offered to participants. Key Features include Site visits, Community service, Leadership training, Team work
1. Participants should be aged from 18-35
2. The program is open to both male and female participants, as each sex will make up 50% of the final candidates.
3. Applications from candidates across Nigeria will be accepted but preference will be given to
candidates from parts of the country worst affected by the unemployment epidemic in Nigeria.
4. Basic education will be a pre-requisite but no academic qualification is required in order for individuals to apply for the program. Applicants will be judged more on the strength and viability of their business.
5. Applicants from all socio-economic classes will be accepted. There would be no discriminations based on socio-economic class or other.
6. Candidates must possess the following key qualities: A track record of personal
achievements and evidence of work done within a community.
7. Submission of a viable existing or proposed business plan or idea
8. Candidate must exude passion and display initiative.
How to Apply
To apply, click here. You will need to create an account using a valid e-mail address.