INSA JRD- Tata Fellowship Programme: Extending facilities of Scientific Infrastructure and Expertise
Deadline: 30 April 2016
Indian National Science Academy (INSA) is seeking applications for its INSA JRD- Tata Fellowship Programme with a purpose to extend facilities of scientific infrastructure and expertise of India to scientists and researchers from other developing countries. INSA, a premier scientific organization in India representing all branches of Science and Technology, has instituted the INSA JRD- Tata Fellowship in honour of the late JRD Tata, visionary and a leading industrialist. The INSA JRD- Tata Fellowship is coordinated by the Centre for International Co-operation in Science (CICS). The Fellowship has been established from an Endowment received from Sir Dorabji Tata Trust with the aim of providing advanced research training to scientists from other developing countries and to promote south-south co-operation.
Scope – The Fellowship provides an opportunity for young scientists, teachers and researchers from the developing countries to undertake research studies in India. It covers short-term, participatory research studies in all major disciplines of science and technology including engineering and medical sciences at premier research institutions in India. The Fellowship awardees are provided considerable freedom in availing the opportunity and formulating the contents of their research work in India.
The Fellowship covers the following covers the cost of return airfare from place of work in their home country to place of work in India; maintenance allowance and incidentals for three months; accommodation to be provided by the host institute either free of cost or at nominal charges; contingency grant for purchase of books and stationery.
1. The Fellowship is intended for researchers (Nationals) from developing countries except India, who have aptitude for research and would be desirous of working in an Indian research laboratory for a maximum period of 3 months.
2. Applicants possessing Doctorate or Master´s Degree in Science or equivalent degree in Engineering/Medicine and allied disciplines.
3. Applicants must below 45 years of age.
4. Applicant must possess a valid passport.
5. Applicant must have acceptance from the Indian Host Institution for his research training in India under INSA JRD-TATA Fellowship (as per the format).
Applications should be forwarded by the competent authority. Selected candidates must obtain permission from their parent institutions for undergoing training in India. Selected candidates must obtain Indian Visa for the proposed period of research upon advice from CICS.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can download the application form via given website here.